Butternut squash and quinoa soup with olives
- 1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded & chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 carrots chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (14 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup pitted and quartered kalamata olives
- Vegan parm
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Roast butternut squash until very tender. Remove half of the squash pieces. Mash this squash with the back of a fork. Set aside.
Roast the remaining squash until desired, I like mine crispy.
Big pot heat EVOO med high.
Add onion, carrots, celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is starting to turn brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add minced garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 1 additional minute.
Then add tomatoes, mashed butternut squash. Stir to combine.
Stir in broth and quinoa. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa turns translucent, about 15 minutes.
Stir the olives, butternut squash pieces,and pepper into the stew and simmer, uncovered, to heat, about 5 minutes.
Stir in parsley and parm and serve.
You'll also love
- Chicken Breasts with Walnut... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Linguine with Seafood and Sundried... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Tortellini al Forno, Olive Garden... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Potatoes,... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
Review this recipe