Chocolate Covered Coconut Candy
Yum! Coconut candy balls dipped in chocolate.
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup Diamond of California® Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Optional ingredients: flaked coconut, chopped Diamond of California® Almonds, sliced Diamond of California® Almonds and sprinkles
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut, almonds and milk. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
In a microwave, melt semisweet chips and shortening on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Coat or garnish with ingredients of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Balsamic Glazed Carrots 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Pumpkin French Toast Bake 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Date and Balsamic-Glazed Brussels... 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Strawberry Birthday Cake 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Acid Reflux Smoothie 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese... 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge 4.6/5 (57 Votes)
- Mom's Christmas Fudge 4.5/5 (63 Votes)