Date and Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Trim stems and remove any wilted outer leaves from Brussels sprouts; wash. Halve Brussels sprouts; spread in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle oil over Brussels sprouts. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once or twice.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Add balsamic vinegar, dates, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced to about 1/4 cup.
3. Add roasted Brussels sprouts to the sauce in skillet; stir to coat.