Praline Ice Cream Cake
By Nicole S
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 T plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sour cream, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
2. Melt the remaining butter; place in a large bowl. Add ice cream; stir to blend. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in the remaining vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into ice cream mixture.
3. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with half of the sauce. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
4. Add pecans to remaining sauce; spoon over warm cake (sauce will not cover cake completely). Cool cake in pan. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
You'll also love
- Bacon Chocolate Bark 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Tarts 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Puffs 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Halloween Poke Cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Coconut Loaf Cake 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Irish Cream Cake Pops 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
Review this recipe