Chocolate Banana Cream Cake
By Nicole S
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 3 T lemon juice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Beat in the bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
3. For filling, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
4. In a small bowl, beat frosting until light and fluffy. Place bananas in a small bowl; toss with lemon juice.
5. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 3 tablespoons frosting. Stir pudding; spread half over the frosting. Top with half of the bananas and the remaining cake layer. Repeat frosting, filling and banana layers. Frost sides and decorate top edge of cake with remaining frosting. Store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Bacon Chocolate Bark 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Banana Peanut Butter Bread 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Grammas banana bread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Puffs 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Halloween Poke Cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Milk Chocolate Cheesecake 3.8/5 (76 Votes)
- Orange White Chocolate Bark with... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Apricot Pound Cake 4.3/5 (20 Votes)