Parmesan Mushroom Pasta with Truffle Oil
- 1 lb pasta*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 – 1 cup cream**
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- truffle oil, to taste***
- salt and pepper, to taste
- I used penne, but any pasta that can soak up the sauce would be good here.
- You can substitute whole milk for the cream, if desired.
- Truffle oil may seem pricey, but a small bottle should last you a long time because you only need to use a drop or two at a time.
Adapted from seletsucre.com
Cook 1 lb pasta according to package directions, then drain, rinse under cool water, and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a large sautee pan, and sautee 1 large onion, sliced until translucent and starting to darken in color, about 15 minutes.
Add 1 lb mushrooms, sliced and sautee until the mushrooms are dark and have released and then cooked off their juices, about 10 minutes.
Add 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced, and sautee until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter, then
whisk in 2 Tbsp flour, and cook, whisking frequently, for 5 – 10 minutes.
Whisk in 1/2 cup cream, then 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, and then more cream as needed for desired consistency.
Pour the parmesan cream sauce over the mushrooms in the sautee pan, add pasta, and mix to combine.
Add truffle oil and salt and pepper, to taste.
You'll also love
- Catfish with Broccoli &... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Pork Chops and Rice 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Red Pepper Soup with Sun Dried... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach and Tortellini Soup 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Pasta 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Smothered... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Pasta in... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)