Pasta with Beef Bolognese - Bobby Deen's Everyday Eats
346 calories, 23g protein, 6g fat, 54g carbs, 2g fiber, 665mg sodium
9 pts - Weight Watchers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 strip turkey bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 28 oz can of tomatoes, with juices
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 package whole grain spaghetti (13 1/4 oz)
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
2. In a medium skillet over high heat, cool the oil and bacon for about 2 minutes, until the bacon begins to brown and crisp. Add the onion, salt, and pepper. Cook until onion is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
3. Add ground beef to the pan, along with the oregano and cinnamon. Cook breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and parsley. Simmer the sauce on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced and has turned a deep red color.
5. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions.
6. Drain the pasta well, place it in a serving bowl, and top with sauce. Sprinkle with more parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Applebee's Onion Peels 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Copycat Suddenly Salad Ranch and... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Almond/Bacon/Cheese Crustinis 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta Palomino 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easter Macaroni Pie - Carla G. 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Enchiladas with Mole Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- K's Ravioli Bolognese 0/5 (0 Votes)