Glazed Lemon Cake - (Silver Palate)
- Lemon Icing, recipe follows:
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups unbleached, all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tightly packed tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) sweet butter, softened
- 3 tightly packed Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 10 inch tube pan
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Add lemon zest and juice.
4. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Set on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool cake in the pan, set on a rack, for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and spread on icing at once, while cake is still hot.
Lemon Icing: Cream sugar and butter thoroughly. Mix in lemon zest and juice, spread on warm cake.
You'll also love
- Monroe County-Style Pork Chops - CC 3.1/5 (281 Votes)
- Ivar's Clam Chowder 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Corn Bread/Miss Kay 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple Butter-Red Hots 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Peach Brandy 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp: PF Changs Orange Peel... 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread 3.7/5 (3 Votes)