Lemon Curd - Ina Garten
- 3 Lemons
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
1. Using a carrot peeler, remove the zest of 3 lemons, being careful to avoid the white pith. Put the zest in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the sugar and pulse until the zest is finely minced into the sugar.
2. Cream the butter and beat in the sugar and lemon mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time and then add the lemon juice and salt. Mix until combined.
3. Pour the mixture into a 2 quart saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened (stirring constantly), about 10 minutes. The lemon curd will thicken around 170 degrees F, or just below simmer.
Remove from heat and cool or refrigerate.
You'll also love
- artichoke & Spinach Dip Restaurant... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp and Pumpkin Curry 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops With... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Jalapeno Poppers with Lime... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crab Cakes with Lemon Caper... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- BARS, LEMON CURD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Lemon Curd 0/5 (0 Votes)