Turkey, mushroom and bacon puff pastry pockets
- 1 pkg. (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 4 slices bacon
- One 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
2. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain, then crumble. Remove all of the bacon fat from the skillet except for 1 tablespoon.
3. Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and saute over medium heat until softened. Stir in cream, Dijon and salt/pepper. Cook until reduced slightly and thickened. Set aside to cool a bit.
4. Assemble the pastries. Cut each sheet of Puff Pastry into 4 equal squares. Divide the mushroom mixture between 4 squares. Top with turkey, bacon and Swiss cheese. Roll out each of the remaining Puff Pastry squares so they're a little bit larger (or just use your fingers to press and stretch them). Place the second piece over the top of each with filling. Use a fork to seal the edges to form "pockets." Brush each square with egg wash and use a knife to poke a few slits in the top for steam to escape while baking. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- STRAWBERRY PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage And Kale Pasta Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Pork Roast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TNT SMOKED TURKEY 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala with Basil and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Dressing Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)