Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- 2 dozen dates - preferably Medjool
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 12 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Cut a slice of the dates into the center and to take out the seed.
Stuff with soften goat cheese.
Cut a slice of bacon in half and wrap it around the date. Make sure the bacon overlaps only 1/2 inch. Put a skewer through the over lapped bacon.
Bake at the 450 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
Before you start prepping, put 1 part sugar and 3 parts balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan and boil till reduced by 2/3.
Remove from heat and set aside till dates are done baking. Drizzle dates before serving.
You'll also love
- Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ Capers... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Tortellini 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Moroccan Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Granola Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Walnut Date-Filled Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chestnut & Apricot-Stuffed Turkey... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheese Bacon Wrapped Pastry Twists 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Maw-Maw's Date Skillet Cookies 5/5 (2 Votes)