Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler
This Kentucky-style blackberry cobbler is perfect for hot summer evenings. Best enjoyed with cream and a cold mint julep on your wrap-around porch.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, washed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 400mins
In a large bowl, stir together berries and sugar and let it sit out for 25 to 30 minutes.
When the blackberry mixture has been sitting for about 20 minutes, preheat the oven to 375ºF.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk with a wooden spoon. Stir in the melted butter and hand-mix until the ingredients are well incorporated and you have few clumps.
Pour batter into a small baking dish and smooth out. Pour the blackberry mixture on top and evenly distribute over the batter without stirring into the batter.
Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden on top. Remove from oven and let set for about 15 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature with warmed cream or fresh whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Better Than Sex Brisket Recipe -... 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Orange Chicken Sauce (Panda... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- 5-Minute Healthy Peach Frozen... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Pudding Mix Frosting 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Classic Creme Brulee 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Strawberry Vanilla Buttercream... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Strawberry Vinaigrette 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Rustic Huckleberry-Blackberry Tart 4.6/5 (14 Votes)