Carlos O'Kelly's Chile Con Queso
Carlos O'Kelly's Chile Con Queso is the easy and super cheesy queso dip recipe that is sure to be the star of your next party or celebratory gathering. Filled with the zesty flavors of tomatoes, chiles, Velveeta cheese, real butter, and spices, all this recipe really needs is a big bag of tortilla chips or the chips of your choice. Serve this creamy and smooth queso at your next game day soiree or summer BBQ.
- 2 tablespoons real butter, sliced
- 1 (1-pound) box Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes and chiles, do not drain
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from firehow.com
Combine butter, Velveeta cheese chunks, sour cream, tomatoes and green chiles, garlic powder, and Kosher salt in a crock pot or non-stick 2-quart saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring often, until the cheese is melted and smooth. Dip will thicken when cooled.
Serve the dip with your favorite chips, cracker or dipping veggies.
This recipe makes about 3 ½ cups of dip.
If you prefer a hotter, spicier dip, use hot tomatoes and green chilies or add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce.
Make sure you warm over low heat or it will burn.
You'll also love
- Pork Stew 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Ube Pies (Purple Yam or Purple... 3.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Leftover Halloween Candy Cake 3.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Avocado Lime Soup 3.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Salad Pâté 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Air Fryer Fried Ravioli 3.3/5 (109 Votes)
- Smoked Mozzarella Fondue 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Blueberry Wild Rice Salad 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe