Chicken Salad Pâté
This lightened-up version of traditional pâté is made from chicken breasts and enriched with the flavors of sweet and salty pickles, Dijion mustard, and fresh celery. This recipe is a mash-up of chicken salad and pâté, and is considered a Southern delicacy. Serve on toast to make a sandwiches or small sandwiches at tea time, or as a dip with chips, crackers, or fresh veggies.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Pickle Salad Cubes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dill Pickle, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus more to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
Poach chicken breasts until completely cooked but not over done. Remove chicken and cool. Peel and finely chop celery. Cut chicken breast into thin slivers, then cut into small squares. Place chicken in a bowl. Add celery, Dijon mustard, sweet and dill salad cubes. Add mayonnaise, adding until you like the consistency. Adjust mustard and salad cubes as you like. Refrigerate for several hours to let flavors to meld.
Serve with crackers or on small sandwiches, white toast or loaf bread with the crust removed.
If you prefer, you could place salad in a glass plastic lined bowl or a small bread pan, also lined with plastic before you chill. Turn out onto a platter and serve as such.
You'll also love
- Spicy Spiralized Shoe String... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cauliflower Crust Calzone 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Caribbean Pork Stew with Peppers 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Cucumber Pickles 3.7/5 (96 Votes)
- Honey & Sage Brined Deep Fried... 3.7/5 (36 Votes)
- Hummus with Chatta 4/5 (3 Votes)
- New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp Dip 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Pate with Redcurrant... 0/5 (0 Votes)