Creamy Green Chile Chicken Soup
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 1 1/2 c. chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 c. roasted green chile, diced
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. half and half
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 . tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Adapted from newmexicanconnection.com
In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about a minute, until fragrant. Add chicken stock, raise heat and bring to a boil.
When stock is boiling, remove 1/2 c. of broth and let it cool. To the boiling broth, add shredded chicken and green chile.
After reserved broth is cool, add 1 Tbs. of flour to it and whisk until well blended. Add the flour mixture back into the boiling broth and mix well. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
In a small bowl, add the cream cheese. Gradually add the half and half, whisking constantly. This is so the mixture won't be as clumpy when you add it to the soup; if it's a little clumpy, don't worry because it will end up melting into the soup.
Add the cream cheese mixture gradually into the soup, whisking constantly. When cream cheese mixture is added, reduce the heat to a simmer.
Simmer the soup for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the soup thickens. Do not boil.
Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy!
*Serve with warm flour tortillas if possible
You'll also love
- Green Chile Chicken Tamale Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Nuggets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken - Italian Style by... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Chicken Vegetable Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Noodles over Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)