Green Chile Chicken Tamale Bake
This hearty, cheesy casserole combines the flavors of green chiles, chicken and cornbread in one delicious hot dish that's super simple to put together.
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 can cream style corn
- 8.5 ounces box corn muffin mix
- 4.5 ounces can green Chile’s, chopped
- 10 ounces mild enchilada sauce
- 3 cups chicken, chopped or shredded
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Sour cream for topping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 400°F, and spray 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix 1/2 cup cheese, milk, eggs, cumin, red pepper flakes, corn, corn bread mix, and chiles until just mixed.
Spread mixture evenly in pan, then bake 20 minutes, or until edges are beginning to brown and middle is set.
Use fork to poke holes in cornbread, then pour enchilada sauce over the top.
Mix chicken and taco seasoning, then spread evenly over top of cornbread.
Top with remaining cheese, then bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
May serve with sour cream over top, and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Apple French Toast Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken with Capers and Lemon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- One Pot Chicken and Bacon Orzo Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Crack Chicken Spaghetti Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemonade Cream Poke Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 4 Ingredient Chicken Rice Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Zucchini Enchilada... 0/5 (0 Votes)