Acorn Squash Soup
- 1 Acorn squash chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 20 milliliters water
- 1 1/2 tsp soy butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 C veg broth
- 2 T sherry
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 50 milliliters half and half
- 1 Tbsp sherry
- Add coriander
- Touch brown sugar
- 1/2 of whole clove of emperor's garlic
Place carrots and onion in saucepan;cover with water. Bring to a boil;cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 mons or until vegetables are tender.
Drain; combine vegetables with chopped squash and 1/3 cup water in container of an electric blender or food processor.process 30 seconds. Set aside.
Melt soy butterin large dutch oven over low heat. Add flour, salt & pepper, stirring til smooth.
Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
Gradually add pureed vegetable mixture, broth, and 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, simmer 20 mins. Stirring occasionally.
Sautee chopped squash with olive oil-place in processor-saute garlic,onion,s&p and spices;add to squash & puree. Melt butter;add flour. Stir. Add purée & broth gradually- stir - simmer 20 min on low.
You'll also love
- Hot Apple Cider 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quicker French Onion Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clinton and Carla's Fresh Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PUMPKIN CRANBERRY NUT BREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Zucchini Pancakes with Warm... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Cornish Game Hen 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Acorn Squash Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)