Poor Man Layered Cabbage Casserole
You may wish to stir contents near the end of baking.
Rate this recipe 4/5 (5 Votes)
- 1 pound ground beef
- campaignIcon Recipes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup raw brown or white rice
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheese (optional)
- Read more at http://www.recipelion.com/Casserole-Recipes/Poor-Man-Layered-Cabbage-Casserole#jESOi0hlbTstdEUy.99
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown beef in a skillet and drain fat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add soup, water, and rice, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Spread cabbage in bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Layer beef mixture on top, spread evenly but don't stir.
Cover and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked. If desired, sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Sushi - Spicy Crab roll 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Red lobster tartar sauce (tastes... 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI BREAD WITH CINNAMON... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- CAKE-MIX PEACH COBBLER 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creme Crecy. Carrot soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Rice and Cabbage Casserole-Vegan 3.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Scandinavian-Style Red Cabbage... 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe