ZUCCHINI BREAD WITH CINNAMON STREUSEL
- Cinnamon Streusel:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, shredded zucchini, and oil. Add zucchini mixure all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle on top of batter.
4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing