Rice and Cabbage Casserole-Vegan
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups short grain rice, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground rock salt
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and saute until translucent, but not brown. Add rice and saute for about five minutes.
2. Add all remaining ingredients in the following order: pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, water, cabbage, tomatoes, bay leaf, salt. Stir well. Cook on stove top for about 5 minutes and transfer into a small rectangle glass pan. Sprinkle generously with remaining paprika.
3. Bake for half an hour, or until done. Serve with warm crusty whole wheat vegan bread.