Berry Cobbler - crock pot style
- 1 C flour
- 3 T sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C milk (I used 1%)
- 2 T canola oil
- 4 C mixed berries (I used frozen)
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/8 t salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from Jamiecooksitup.com
1. Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and add to it 1 cup flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss it around a bit with a fork, making sure all of the ingredients are combined.
2. Into a separate bowl whisk one egg. Add to it 1/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons canola oil. Stir it all up to combine.
3. Pour your dry ingredients into the egg/milk mixture.
4. Combine the ingredients with a fork, until they are combined.
5. Spray a 5 quart crock pot with cooking spray and spread the batter out along the bottom.
6. In a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Toss it around a bit to combine.
7. Now, find your self some berries. I like to use this frozen mixed berry blend from Costco.
8. Measure out 4 cups of frozen berries and place them in the sugar/flour mixture. Give them a nice stir to make sure they all get coated.
9. Pour the berries and sugar over the top of the batter in your crock pot.
10. Cover the pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, or until the batter is cooked through.
11. When it is done cooking, unplug your crock pot and take the lid off. Allow the cobbler to sit for about 5-10 minutes. The juice from the berries will thicken up a bit more if you do this.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers. It's actually FABULOUS the second day eaten cold!