FRIED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE
I really had to do some editing on this recipe...I cut all ingredients, except the keilbasa, in half. You can use 2 med to large fresh tomatoes in place of the canned.I also brown the keilbasa & potatoes & set them aside before beginning the recipe & then add at the end (I actually did the keilbasa & potaotes the night before assembling).
Serve with hoe cakes.
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine (I use vegan butter) & appr 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound turkey keilbasa, sliced into round pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 of green pepper
- few drops of hot sauce (optional)
- Add Potatoes (optional)
Melt butter & olive oil in large skillet. Add cabbage, onion, and green pepper and cook on medium high for about 5 minutes stirring to keep from sticking to pan. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
Please note that I brown the keilbasa and potatoes in a little olive oile (about 2- 4 potatoes, depending on family size, cut in bite sized pieces ) before preparing the cabbage mixture.
Makes about 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Southern Mushroom & Cheddar... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Southern Buttermilk Cornbread 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Grilled Beef Satay 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's French Onion Soup 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- CHEESEBURGER TEX-MEX BACON 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Sausage Egg Cheese Croissant... 4/5 (57 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Southern Cabbage for the Pressure... 4.2/5 (16 Votes)