- For filling:
- 4 cups blackberries
- granulated sugar, to taste (Blackberries are so variable in their sweetness. Taste them first. They may need no sugar at all, or they may need up to 1/4 cup.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- For topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Toss the blackberries, sugar (if needed) and lemon zest together and place into the 1-quart/8-inch ceramic baker.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ¼ cup sugar, flour, salt and baking powder. Cut the butter into the mixture with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the milk and place dollops of the batter on top of the blackberries.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is nicely browned and the blackberries are bubbling. Dust with a little sugar on top and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Creamy Potato Soup with Sour... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Mini Corn Dogs (Unfried, to boot!) 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Flaky Cherry Turnovers 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Layered Coconut Chocolate Bars 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Ice "Cream" 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Milkshake Cookies 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Blackberry Jalapeno Jam Recipes 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)