Blackberry Thyme Gin Fizz
- 8 fresh blackberries, lightly crushed
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme, pressed between your hands
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Fresh blackberries
- 1.5 ounces of gin
- 3 ounces ginger ale
- thyme sprig for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Adapted from delightglutenfree.com
1. To make the blackberry thyme syrup, lightly smash blackberries in a medium saucepan. Place a bunch of thyme between your hands and lightly rub together to release the oils. Add thyme to saucepan.
2. Add sugar and water to the saucepan and heat over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Stir frequently.
3. Once sugar is dissolved, strain syrup into a clean container using cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Repeat if necessary until syrup is smooth and free from seeds. Cool to room temperature.
4. To make the drink, fill a glass with ice and fresh blackberries. Add 2 tablespoons of blackberry thyme syrup, gin, and ginger ale. Gently stir to combine. Garnish with fresh thyme sprig.
You'll also love
- Filet of Beef Cordon Bleu-Style 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Salmon with Warm Mango Salsa 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Steak & Potato Alambritos With... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip-Coconut Cookies 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Raspberry Jam,... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry-Jicama Toss 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Blackberry Jelly (canning recipe) 4.4/5 (19 Votes)