Once the weather gets cooler, it's time to pull out the pumpkin recipes! These pumpkin cupcakes are frosted with cream cheese and topped with toffee and nuts.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup solid packed, canned pumpkin puree
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Place rack in the middle of the oven. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray each cup with a non stick vegetable spray.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, ground spices, and salt.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and pumpkin puree, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
Fill the muffin cups evenly with the batter using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the butter and beat until incorporated and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and beat until fluffy (2 to 3 minutes). Pipe or spread the frosting on the cupcakes. Sprinkle with toasted and chopped nuts or English Toffee Bits.
To toast nuts: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until brown and fragrant. Cool completely and then chop coarsely.
Makes about 12 regular-sized cupcakes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Scallops with Angel Hair... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Zucchini Cupcakes w/Caramel... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken in Creamy... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Everyday Paleo Crab Cakes 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Smashed Potatoes (Tyler... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Santa and Reindeer Truffles 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Clementine Olive Oil Cake 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Pineapple Zucchini Cake (without)... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)