Cajun Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
The andouille sausage adds a nice spicy kick to this pulled pork recipe. I'll definitely be making this again!
Per serving: Calories 533; Fat 29 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 157 mg; Sodium 1,094 mg; Carbohydrate 23 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 43 g
Photograph by Johnny Miller
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Creole or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (3 -to-4-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 2 links andouille sausage
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 soft sesame buns
- Pickle slices and potato chips, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 510mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Whisk 1 1/2 cups water, the vinegar, ketchup, 1/4 cup mustard, the molasses and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a 7-to-8-quart slow cooker.
Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar, the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over the pork, then add to the slow cooker along with the sausage. Cover and cook on low, 8 hours.
Remove the pork and sausage and set aside to cool slightly. Skim off the excess fat from the cooking liquid, then strain into a large skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by one-third, about 15 minutes.
Shred the pork with a fork and coarsely chop the sausage. Toss the pork and sausage with enough of the reduced cooking liquid to moisten; season with salt.
Whisk the mayonnaise and the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard in a small bowl; spread on the buns. Fill with the pulled pork and pickle slices. Serve with potato chips.
You'll also love
- Apple Butter Glazed Ham 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Roasted Beef Shank 3.9/5 (59 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Ham, Brie, Marmalade & Arugula... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Marinated then Baked Pork... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Gluten Free Buttermilk... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Guinness Glazed Pork Chops 4.3/5 (13 Votes)