Ham, Brie, Marmalade & Arugula Pressed Sandwich
If you don't have a Panini press a regular skillet works just fine for these jazzed up ham and cheese sandwiches.
- 4 slices rustic country bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or more, if you prefer)
- 4 ounces brie, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 6 slices)
- 8 ounces cooked ham, sliced (about 8 slices)
- Freshly-ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons marmalade
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup arugula
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from arcamax.com
Spread two slices of bread with 1 teaspoon mustard each. Layer each piece of bread with 3 slices of Brie, 4 slices ham, and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Spread the each of the remaining slices of bread with 1 tablespoon of marmalade and place each slice marmalade-side-down on top of the sandwich.
Brush both sides of each sandwich with olive oil. Set the sandwiches in a panini grill set on High and cook until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes (depending on your machine).
When finished cooking, remove the tops of each sandwich and lay on 1/4 cup arugula on top. Smush bread back down on top of arugula, cut in half, and serve warm.
To make stovetop sandwiches: Using a cast-iron pan or your favorite heavy-duty skillet, cook sandwich 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Beef Enchiladas with Mole Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Chop with Black Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Cake With Pineapple Glaze 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken & Rice 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sauerkraut Potato Casserole 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hot Crawfish Spinach Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Amaretto Almond Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mini Puffs with Goat Cheese & Herbs 4.2/5 (25 Votes)