Guinness Glazed Pork Chops
This recipe is slightly adapted from Epicurious (Gourmet Live 2011). I confess that I'm not a big fan of Guinness beer, because I find it a tad bitter. However, in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, I couldn't resist making a glaze with Guinness, brown sugar and coriander. The recipe was originally called Guinness Glazed Lamb Chops, but I settled for pork chops. I have to say that I love Guinness beer this way! The glaze had a beautiful balance of sweet and a slight flavor of molasses. We loved this, served with Irish Colcannon (Mashed potatoes with cabbage, bacon and onion). This is a keeper glaze that can be made up to three days ahead of time.
- 2 cups (16-ounces) Guinness stout
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 bone-in pork chops, medium thickness
- Note: 16 Rib lamb chops can be used for this recipe, too
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Bring stout, sugar, coriander seeds, peppercorns, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a 2quart nonreactive saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then continue boiling (keep an eye on it and reduce heat to keep it from boiling over) until glaze is syrupy and reduced to about 1/2 cup, 20 to 30 minutes.
Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
Pat chops dry and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Divide glaze between 2 small bowls and set 1 aside for use later. Brush both sides of chops with glaze (from remaining bowl) and arrange on rack of a broiler pan.
Broil 5 inches from heat, 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Note: I use a meat thermometer to check for doneness-- Lamb about 140°F and Pork about 145-150°F.
Transfer chops to a platter and drizzle with reserved glaze.
You'll also love
- HCG Diet (P2/3) Beef Marinade 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Crepes 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Carrot Souffle 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Greek Tacos 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken & Dressing - Instant Pot 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- Brown Garlic Stir-Fry Sauce 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Bacon, Spinach, Swiss, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Asian Glazed Roast Pork Tenderloin 3.9/5 (16 Votes)