GF - Rice bowl with black beans, avocado & cilantro dressing
- The dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- The rice:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- The rest:
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
Adapted from allparenting.com
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, honey and salt. Re-whisk immediately before using.
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Pour in the rice and vegetable broth. Bring the broth to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff and set aside.
Divide the rice between 4 bowls and top each portion with black beans, tomatoes and avocado. Pour the cilantro dressing over the rice bowls. Serve.
You'll also love
- Semi Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Gluten Free Quadruple Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cherry Pie (Easy) 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Rosemary Shrimp with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Crockpot Cowboy Chicken 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Mango Avocado Smoothie 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Avocado and Tomato Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)