5-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup
Depending on the kind of cheddar cheese that you use, this soup may need more/less salt. And if you really want to go beyond 5 ingredients, I also recommend adding in some Italian seasoning or Cajun seasoning to the mix. But the soup also tastes great just with the straightforward 5 ingredients.
- 2 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion
- 15 ounces evaporated milk (my favorite healthier alternative to heavy cream)
- 3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock to make this vegetarian)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (I recommend using sharp for more flavor)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from gimmesomeoven.com
Stir together stock, broccoli, diced onion, evaporated milk and cheese together in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until simmering (but not boiling, or the soup will curdle). Then reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is cooked and soft.
Season soup with salt and pepper if needed.
You'll also love
- BLT and P (Bacon, Leek, Tomato and... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Chalupa ground beef supreme 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Skinny Chocolate- Caramel Banana... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Red Quinoa with Roasted Butternut... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Broccoli Cashew Salad 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Beef & Broccoli - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Peach Butter 4.4/5 (16 Votes)