Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- 2/3 cup corn (grilled, charred, fresh, thawed or canned)
- 2/3 cup black beans
- 2/3 cup pico de gallo or your favourite salsa
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions or cilantro (optional)
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Mix the corn, black beans, pico de gallo and avocado and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet, fill with the filling, sprinkle on the cheese and broil until the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
Serve optionally garnished with green onions or cilantro.
Note: Use a salsa based on your desire for heat. Pico de gallo is generally pretty mild so if you want it hotter, use a hotter salsa. I like the freshness of the pico de gallo but I also like it hotter and so I add some chipotle hot sauce to the mix to add some more heat along with a nice smokiness.
You'll also love
- Moroccan Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Granola Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Curried Lentil Salad With Capers &... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- “Unique” Stuffed Shells and... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Walnut Date-Filled Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- SHARONS GRIDDLER POTATOES 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Avocado Cucumber Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Chiffon Pie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)