Pineapple Orange Chicken
This sweet, spicy, tangy, tropical Asian-inspired chicken is really tasty served over rice. Cook a lot and save it for the week, or serve your friends!
- 1 (20-ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups MINUTE® Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2/3 cup KIKKOMAN® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 cup KIKKOMAN Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilies, crushed, optional
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- Sliced green onions, optional
Adapted from minuterice.com
Measure reserved pineapple juice and add enough water to make 1-3/4 cups liquid. Prepare rice according to package directions using juice-water mixture. Coat chicken pieces with flour.
Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and cook chicken until edges are golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add pineapple, bell pepper and snap peas. Cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
Add sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce, orange juice and red chilies to pan. Stir and cook an additional 3 minutes or until sauce begins to boil. Stir in orange zest. Serve over rice topped with cashews and green onions.
You'll also love
- Bertucci's Rigatoni with Chicken... 3.8/5 (58 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Strips in an Air... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Sauce for Ham 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ORANGE PINEAPPLE MARMALADE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Orange Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken Cutlets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ming's Chinese Chicken Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)