Ming's Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup each cornstarch and tapioca flour
- 1 large fryer (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tbls Chinese mustard (more if desired)
- 2 dashes sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp 5-spice seasoned salt
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup fried rice vermicelli
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 3 green onions sliced lengthwise into slivers
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tbl toasted sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tbls chopped almonds
Pat flour mixture on the chicken coating it completely. Steam the whole chicken in a steamer for approximately 50 to 60 minutes. Refrigerate until reading to make the salad. Split the fryer in half.
Deep fry until skin is a golden, crispy brown.
Debone along the grain. Mix chicken strips thoroughly with remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and nuts. Mound on a platter and sprinkle with seasame seeds and nuts.
Serves 4 as a main course and 8-10 as a salad.
You'll also love
- Creamy Key Lime Chicken Enchiladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Island Teriyaki Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vij Family Chicken Curry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Chicken on the Big Green Egg 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Chicken w/ Soup Mix Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Chicken Salad with Feta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Creamy Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)