Lemon Chicken (Ga Nuong Chanh)
This is a classic sweet-savory combination of Vietnamese flavors. The marinade also works well for beef, turkey, or pork.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut in to large cubes
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar, or Splenda
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp and 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime zest, grated
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 12 bambook skewers, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- Sweet and Sour Fish sauce
- Bean sprouts, basil sprigs, mint sprigs
1. Marinate chicken in the mixture of honey, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, oil, cornstarch, scallions, lemon or lime juice, fish sauce and oyster sauce. Set aside for 15 minutes. Add grated lemon or lime zest.
2. Thread marinated chicken onto skewers, leaving two inches free at each end and place on a baking sheet. Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake about 20minutes until chicken is medium-rare. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken until brown. Do not overcook.
3. Stove top directions: Do not thread the chicken onto skewers. Heat a skillet over medium-heat and film it with oil. Cook the chicken in the skillet until done.
To serve: Serve with rice vermicelli and sweet and sour fish sauce for dipping. Can also be served with rice. Garnish with bean sprouts, basil, and mint.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 165.0; Total Fat 2.6 g; Saturated Fat 0.5 g; Cholesterol 65.7 mg; Sodium 1,089.1 mg; Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g; Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
You'll also love
- Baked Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Buttery Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Thai Green Curry Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese Stuffed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EASY CHERRY COCONUT CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon with Orange Fennel Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemonade Poke Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe