Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork with Honey Jalapeno Lime Slaw
- For the Pulled Pork:
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- For the Slaw:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 10 oz bag slaw mix
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from blog.hostthetoast.com
1. Combine first 4 Pulled Pork ingredients in the bottom of the crock pot. Mix in ½ of the BBQ sauce.
2. Season the pork shoulder with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and place on top of the BBQ sauce mixture. Pour the remaining BBQ sauce on top.
3. Cook on low for about 6-7 hours, or until the pork can be pulled apart with forks.
Remove the pork, pull it, and return it to the crock pot.
Mix it all together and cook on low for an additional hour.
4. As the pork cooks, prepare the slaw by mixing together all of the ingredients. Cover until ready to serve.
When the pork is done, serve warm with slaw on fresh hamburger buns.
You'll also love
- Couscous with Chicken & Vegetables 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Herb Garden Potatoes 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Rhubarb Compote 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spiced Applesauce 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Strawberry Qream Float 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Asian Beef & Snow Pea Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Scones w/Orange Zest 4.5/5 (11 Votes)