Slow-Cooked Salsa Verde Pork & Pepper Stew W. W. Points Plus 15
This delectable stew features cubed pork shoulder that slow cooks to tenderness with a flavorful salsa and colorful vegetables. Served over rice with a sprinkle of cilantro, it's absolutely irresistible!
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (about 2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Garlic & Lime Verde Restaurant Style Salsa
- 2 large red and/or green peppers, diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 large carrots, thickly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups regular long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions (about 6 cups)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 265mins
1 Coat the pork with the flour.
2 Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork in batches and cook until well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
3 Stir the pork, salsa, peppers and carrots in a 6-quart slow cooker.
4 Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve with the rice
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a tossed green salad. For dessert serve baked apples with cinnamon-sugar.
Cooking Basics: Braised dishes like this one are perfect for cooking less expensive cuts of meat. The long, slow cook time lets the flavors develop and tenderizes the meat.
Recipe Nutritional Information
Made With Pace Garlic & Lime Verde Restaurant Style Salsa, Calories 602, Total Fat 21g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol, 102mg, Sodium 443mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 35g