Candied Sweet Potatoes or Yams
These Candied Potatoes or Yams make the perfect side. Sweet and delicious, you have to try them!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Boil the potatoes or yams until tender; drain. Peel and cut in half lengthwise. Put the butter and sugar in a heavy skillet and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Add the potatoes or yams and turn until lightly browned. Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and simmer over low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
After the butter and sugar have melted, put the potatoes in a buttered baking dish, pour the butter-sugar mixture on top, cover, and bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Pie Bombs 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pepperoni Pizza Loaf 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- "Especially Dark" Chocolate Cake 3.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Brown Rice with Sauteed Spinach,... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Fried Rice in an Instant Pot 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- White Beans with Spinach & Sausage 3.7/5 (150 Votes)
- Amazing Halloween Rainbow Party... 4.1/5 (44 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Onion... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)