Pepperoni Pizza Loaf
A rolled up loaf jelly-roll style, filled with pepperoni, mozzarella, mushrooms, pickled peppers, and olives. Makes about 12 slices.
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8-ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 (15-ounce) can Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Brush over the dough.
Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, pepper rings, green pepper and olives. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
Place seam side down; brush with egg whites. Do not let rise. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Warm the pizza sauce; serve with sliced loaf.