Pineapple Glazed Ham
Classic baked, glazed ham with a coat of cloves, pineapple slices and cherries.
- 4 4 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 4 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 9-pound) 1 9-pound) 1 (7 - 9-pound) bone-in smoked fully cooked ham
- 12 to 16 12 to 16 16 whole cloves
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup Dijion mustard
- 1 1 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1 can 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 10 10 10 maraschino cherries, halved
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from bing.com
Stir together first 3 ingredients in saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 25 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Pour mixture through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids.
Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Make 1/4 inch deep cuts in a diamond design, and insert cloves at 1 inch intervals. Place ham in an aluminum foil lined roasting pan. Spread Dijon mustard evenly oven ham. Pat brown sugar on top on the mustard. Pour pineapple juice mixture into pan.
Arrange pineapple and cherries evenly cover mustard layer on ham; secure with wooden picks.
Bake at 325°F for 1 hour. shield with aluminum foil after 1 hour to prevent excess browning, bake 1 to 1 1/3 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°F, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Mario Batali's Sausage Ciabatta... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Corn and Okra 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple pie bread for the bread... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Faux Gras Pâté 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Fruit Cake 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom's Molasses Applesauce Cookies 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Chex Mix Christmas Crack 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Pineapple Ham (Jamon con Pina) 4.1/5 (11 Votes)