Crisp Apple and Sausage Salad (Gluten Free)
Crispy apple and sausage salad has the saltiness from the sausage and just the crunch you need from the apple! A perfect Fall side dish or light entrée.
- 1 (12 ounce) package JOHNSONVILLE® Sweet Apple smoked chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from johnsonville.com
In a skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until browned. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine apple slices and lemon juice.
In a large salad bowl, combine the salad greens, onion, blue cheese and apple slices. Add salad dressing; toss to coat.
Gently stir in sausage.
You'll also love
- Mario Batali's Sausage Ciabatta... 3.9/5 (35 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Corn and Okra 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato Pancake 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Nancy's Delicious Oatmeal Raisin... 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Salsa Skillet Pork Chops 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Financiers aux fraises: Strawberry... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- mini Sausage quiches 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Peking Duck 4/5 (17 Votes)