Mario Batali's Sausage Ciabatta Stuffing
This rustic stuffing combines hearty Italian bread, sausage, and chestnuts for a comforting side.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fennel sausage, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced; fronds reserved
- 1 cup chestnut, roughly chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 5 cups ciabatta, cubed and toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and then crumble the sausage into the pan and cook until fat begins to render and sausage begin to crisp.
Add the onion, fennel, chestnuts, apples, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is and cooked through.
In a large bowl, place the cubed bread and pour the cooked sausage mixture over top. Sprinkle with parsley, and pour the stock and butter over the top and toss to combine.
Spoon mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, uncover, and bake until top is golden and crisp. Serve garnished with the fennel fronds.
You'll also love
- Potato Olive And Sun Dried Tomato... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork Milanese with Mashed Sweet... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Crispy Coconut-Date Cookies 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Granola Crusted Apple Turkey and... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Chorizo and Black Bean Soup with... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Warm Winter Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)