Avgolemono Chicken Soup with Rice
Avgolemono is a classic sauce of chicken broth, egg yolks, and lemon juice; the addition of a bit more chicken broth, rice, and shredded chicken turns it into a satisfying soup.
- 4 cup(s) homemade chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cup(s) cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 ounce(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bones and coarsely shredded
- 2 ounce(s) chopped fresh dill
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from ca.delish.com
In a large saucepan, season stock with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Transfer 1 cup hot stock to a blender. Add 1/2 cup rice, egg yolks, and lime juice and puree until smooth. Stir puree into simmering stock along with chicken and remaining 1 1/2 cups rice and simmer until thickened slightly, 10 minutes. Stir in dill and serve.