Lemon Pepper Buttermilk Chicken
- 3 pounds chicken breasts and drum sticks, cut into 1-2” strips
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Sea salt, to taste
Rinse chicken, then pat dry with paper towels and arrange in a 9x13” glass baking dish. Add buttermilk, making sure all chicken pieces are well coated (add more if needed). Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a re-sealable plastic bag, combine corn flakes, lemon pepper, oregano, basil and sea salt. Seal bag, then crush mixture. Empty into a mixing bowl.
Working one piece at a time, remove chicken from buttermilk, let excess drip off, then dip into crumb mixture and coat both sides well. Bake until crisp and cooked through, about 35-40 minutes. Serve with barbecue sauce and steamed greens.
You'll also love
- Chicken Cordon Blu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Piccata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Chicken with Potatoes and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Volcanoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Almond Pistachio Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon, Orange or Spice Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Oven-Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Pepper Paprika Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)