Chicken Water Chestnut Casserole
- 3cups3 cups diced, cooked chicken (2 large breasts)
- 22 celery stalks, finely chopped (ADD AFTER BAKING)
- 1(8 oz.) can1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3cup1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1(2 oz.) jar1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos, undrained
- 1tbsp.1 tbsp. onion, minced
- 3/4cup3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2tbsp.2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2tsp.1/2 tsp. salt
- 1tsp.1 tsp. black pepper
- 1cup1 cup (2 oz.) canned French fried onions
- 6oz.6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Adapted from google.com
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 11x7 baking dish.
Combine chicken, celery, water chestnuts, almonds, pimentos, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix well.
Place in prepared dish and top with French fried onions and cheese.
Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until cheese melts.