Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
This recipe took the number one spot of my favorite slow cooker meals. It seriously blew my mind how amazing the flavor was. Not only was it the perfect blend of spices and lemon, but I have never had more tender, melt in your mouth chicken. It filled my house with the most wonderful lemon aroma. I already want to make this again. It’s just that good!
LVC note: this is not my recipe - got if off the FB. Added canned whole mushrooms & I served it with rice & broccoli, but someone made the suggestion to add more of the lemon juice/chicken stock & add potatoes to the crockpot. - sounds good.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package dry italian dressing/seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare your chicken by rinsing it and trimming the fat. Since the chicken breasts that I buy are always huge, I cut them in half making them more like tenders.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan on your stovetop over medium heat. Once melted, brown each side of the chicken, but not cooking it throughout because you will be putting them in the crockpot. You just want them to have a nice golden brown breading on each side.
4. Spray crockpot with cooking spray and place the chicken into the crockpot. Sprinkle the italian seasoning package top of the chicken.
5. Mix together the lemon juice and chicken broth. Pour over the chicken and seasonings.
6. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!