Spicy Sausage Pasta
- 1 tofurky polish sausage (5)
- 1.5 cups diced onion (1.5)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
- 1/4 cup light heavy cream (4)
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (4)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.
You'll also love
- Mini Pumpkin Spice Gluten-Free... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Heirloom Tomato and Onion Quiche 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Beef Short Ribs 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Undefeated Bacon-Cheese Dip 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Greek Chicken Roulades with a... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Peppercorn Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Sausage Wontons 4.5/5 (28 Votes)