Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbecued Shrimp
Shrimp sautéed New Orleans-style in reduced white wine, butter, garlic and spices. Serve alone or over noodles.
- 1 pound shrimp, 16 to 20 count
- 1 ounce volume canola oil
- 6 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 ounces volume dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounce weight butter, salted
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Wash shrimp under water and then peel the shells and discard. Deveined the shrimp with a paring knife and then wash under water. Repeat until all shrimp are done, place on a sheet tray and place in the refrigerator.
Place a large cast iron skillet on a burner and heat over high heat. Add oil and cook shrimp until they are just done, you may have to do these in batches if you do not have large skillet. Remove shrimp and set aside.
Add green onions and cook for 1 minute.
Add white wine and reduce the volume by half. (Any good dry white wine will work.)
When the wine is reduced by half; measure and add the chopped garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, Cayenne Pepper and Paprika. Shake the pan well. Cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low.
Cut butter into small chunks with the knife and slowly add into pan, shaking fast to melt butter. Continue to add butter until it all added and shake until butter is melted. Add shrimp back to pan and toss well to coat shrimp with butter and to heat the shrimp.
Place 5 shrimp on small serving plates with a deep edge and ladle barbecued butter over the top over the shrimp. Repeat with the other shrimp and sprinkle each plate with 1 teaspoon of chopped green onions, serve right away.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Paula Deen’s Amazing Chicken... 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Zesty Ritz Crackers 3.9/5 (125 Votes)
- Citrus Almond Champagne Cake 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Belgian "Liege" Sugar Waffles 4.4/5 (89 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia 4.3/5 (87 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)