Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
Roasting the garlic for this fettuccine help bring out the full flavor and makes this a richer sauce. Serve along side roasted chicken, or serve with grilled chicken or shrimp on top.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound dried fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from lifesambrosia.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut the top 1/4 inch off the garlic. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle oil over the top. Wrap in the foil and roast for 40 - 45 minutes or until browned and soft. Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Use a fork to remove cloves. Mash together in a bowl.
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in roasted garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in 1/2 of the cheese and cook just until it starts to melt. Stir in 1/2 of the cream and whisk until the cheese melts. Add in remaining cheese and cream. Continue whisking until smooth. Add pepper and parsley. If sauce appears to thick, thin with a little of the reserved pasta water.
Add hot pasta and toss to coat. Add salt if needed. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- GUACAMOLE DE BEEFMAN 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Onions and Bacon 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Lemon Slices 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Baked Beef Ziti Weight Watchers 7... 4.1/5 (76 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo w/ Peas 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Italian Vegetable Creamy Fettuccine 5/5 (1 Votes)