Baked Beef Ziti Weight Watchers 7 Points
A Weight Watcher friendly Beef Ziti baked with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Only 7 points and well worth each one!
- 12 ounces ziti, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounce canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 3 to 5 minutes; drain off any fat and set pan back over medium heat.
Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; stir to coat beef. Cook until herbs become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon a small amount of beef-tomato mixture into bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish (just enough to cover surface); top with half of cooked ziti. Next, layer with half of remaining beef-tomato sauce and half of mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining ziti and then top with remaining beef-tomato sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
Can add mushrooms and onion!
You'll also love
- Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast... 4.3/5 (73 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo w/ Peas 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Macaroni Coleslaw 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Gluten Free "KFC" Popcorn Chicken 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- King Ranch Beef Casserole 4.1/5 (94 Votes)
- Crockpot Baked Ziti 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Prego® Now and Later Baked Ziti 5/5 (2 Votes)