Joe's Crab Shack's Coconut Shrimp
- 1 pound medium-large fresh shrimp cleaned, shelled, and butterflied
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup corn starch
- 1 package premium flaked coconut - (7 oz) (small flake coconut if possible)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
Mix eggs and water. Set aside. Place 1/3 cup of corn starch in bowl for dusting of shrimp. Mix in separate bowl 1/3 cup (the remainder) of corn starch, coconut, sugar, salt, and flour, blend well.
Heat oil for deep frying. Roll shrimp in corn starch, then in egg wash, then finally roll in coconut mixture. Place shrimp in hot oil and deep fry until done. Shrimp will float to the top when cooked. Take care not to overcook shrimp.
Serve with "Joe's Crab Shack's Pineapple Dipping Sauce" (see recipe).
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster's Hawaiian Skewers 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tomato-Pear Chutney 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spiced Blueberry-Peach Jam Without... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fricassee Of Lobster With Pasta 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Benihana Shrimp Sauce 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Coconut Macroons from Cake Mix 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos With a Zesty... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Homemade coconut milk 4.3/5 (15 Votes)